Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 27

Sunday
My last day in Segovia...
Paella Popular:
Paella is a rice dish made with chicken, shrimp and mussels. It must have been the hottest day that I had experienced in Segovia. It was a death march through the Alameda. I think it hit over 100 degrees! We made it to the park where they were making this wonderful paella and there were families everywhere enjoying the food and company of one another. I'm going to miss seeing families together enjoying each others company. The paella pans were enormous and the portions were huge! The line to get the food was like a line at Six Flags to get on your favorite ride. We had an extra ticket and thought to get the dish so we could split it later, come to find out we were too full! It was so0o good but I think I would have enjoyed the hot meal better if I wasn't on the verge of passing out. 
    
A trek through the Alameda once more, 2 warm bottles of water and an icy later...
I was back home to have a siesta! That night for dinner, my host mother Puri was nice enough to invite my classmates to eat on the terrace of her house. We watched the beautiful sun set, ate tortilla and empanadas and just enjoyed each others company one last time. Our view of the village was amazing and to top it off we had classical music playing in the background because there was a ballet performance being held near the aqueduct. We reminisced about our month and how much fun it had been.We wondered where our time had gone. Time really does fly when you are having fun.
We took one last walk around Segovia and took in what we could. It was so sad the thought of going back to New York the next day. I was happy that I was going to see my family again, at the same time I wanted to stay in Segovia with the new people I have grown to love in my month being here.



Our trip had been "Surreal" and "Bittersweet."  Remember: "You only live once, so enjoy it while you can."
Never forget our long island, mother accents. "Make sure you call me when you have the key in the door." "Nuns have bad habits." "Oh look at the Americans in flip flops and shorts!" impersonations of people. Vale, Venga tia. Si si si si si. Majo. Me molas. Eres super guay! Until we meet again at the Platha, the aqueduct or the bancos...
FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment